UV radiation can’t be seen or felt and can be harmful on warm, sunny days and on cool, cloudy days too.
Our free SunSmart Global UV app puts sun protection advice at your fingertips, so you know when UV levels can damage your skin leading to skin cancer – wherever you are in the world.
When the index hits 3, cover up from UV.
Download the SunSmart Global UV app
On a desktop? Scan the QR code to download
- UV and sun protection alerts each day.
- Live UV levels across Australia and the world.
- Op tion to create unique alerts that suit your schedule and location.
- Access worldwide UV levels that can be tailored to your specific location.
- Seven-day forecast of sun protection times and weather information.
- Available in eight languages including English, French, Spanish, Dutch, Chinese, German, Italian and Russian.
How does the app work?
The SunSmart Global UV app provides reliable real-time and forecast UV levels for locations from reputable and trusted agencies and translates this data into evidence-based health advice from Cancer Council Victoria to recommend sun protection for your location.
It uses forecast information from the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) and live UV data from the Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA) to provide sun protection times across Australia and the world.
SunSmart Global UV app partners