Terms and conditions
1. Dermoscopy for Victorian General Practice Program includes the provision of 1 x Heine Delta 20T dermatoscope and training component delivered by the Australasian College of Dermatologists. Training will be delivered from June to September 2019 with a full-day face-to-face workshop in Melbourne on Saturday 24 August 2019. Attendance at this training is an essential criteria for participants.
2. Cancer Council will notify successful applicants of the training and equipment details by email on Thursday 9 May 2019.
3. A certificate will be provided by Cancer Council to the successful applicants. The certificate must be displayed at the practice of each dermatoscope.
4. Dermatoscopes provided to successful applicants become the property of their practice, and ongoing maintenance and any liability arising from the unit is the responsibility of that practice.
5. It is the responsibility of each successful practice to ensure that all GPs at the practice who use the dermatoscope have undertaken appropriate training.
Media and reporting
6. Each successful practice must obtain Cancer Council’s prior written consent to:
- publish any marketing materials, newsletters, media releases, public announcements or promotional collateral in connection with the Dermoscopy for Victorian General Practice Program.
Approvals and legal requirements
7. Each successful practice must, prior to the use of their dermatoscope, have all licenses, authorisations, consents, approvals and permits required by applicable laws in order to use the dermatoscope.
8. Dermatoscopes cannot be onsold and must remain an asset of the practice.
Privacy and intellectual property rights
10. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Cancer Council excludes any liability for any loss, damage, injury or costs (including consequential loss, damage, injury or costs) arising in connection with a successful practice's use of the dermatoscope.
Each successful practice indemnifies Cancer Council in relation to any claim made against Cancer Council in connection with any loss, damage, injury or costs arising in connection with that practice's use of the dermatoscope, including without limitation any malfunction of the dermatoscope or any failure by the practice to comply with any training provided or manufacturer instructions.
11. For the purpose of these terms and conditions the following terms have the meanings set out below:
"Cancer Council" means Cancer Council Victoria (ABN 61 426 486 715).
"Dermoscopy for Victorian General Practice" means the provision of dermatoscope and training under these terms and conditions to a successful practice by Cancer Council for the purpose of increased access to skin cancer detection and treatment for the public.
"Practice" (also "General Practice") is a company which provides people with part or all of their health care needs.
Agreement to media release and media coverage